Monday, September 29, 2014

Saturday Stuff

 
Saturdays at the gym are interesting.

If you go early, it's empty.
If you go late, it's empty.
The 9-11 am hours are busy.

This weekend, I didn't get there until almost noon.
It was pretty much vacant.
I had the cardio room to myself most of the time.

When people come in, I wonder why they are there.

What are their goals?
Is it a social thing?
Stress relief?

Sometimes I ask people what they're up to and sometimes, I listen to their conversations.
If you're talking loudly, someone is going to hear you.

Anyway, one guy said he was going to a class reunion and wanted to be "hot."
I had never heard a guy say that about himself before. 

2 couples came in and walked and talked on the treadmill by each other.
They were all waiters/waitresses and were talking about not getting good tips the night before.
Then they talked about eating food late at night and feeling gross.
I've had that feeling before.  And sometimes it makes me want to run and other times it makes me want to sleep.

When I left the cardio room, I saw some guys trying to talk a girl into doing a heavy lift she had never done  before.

She kept saying no and that she didn't want to get hurt.  They kept pushing her.
I know the girl, so I stepped in. I just said, "Don't do it if you're not comfortable."

They kept pushing.  She said she would do it with less weight. The guy told her she didn't need less weight. Eventually, I left. 

I think that I sometimes get stuck in the mindset, that if it isn't a long workout or a heavy lift, that it isn't worth it.  Really, we all have to start somewhere.  For beginners, or coming off an injury, the little things do matter.

motivational exercise quotes, motivational exercise quotes, drinking motivational exercise, quotes, motivational exercise quotes of the day, motivational exercise quotes pictures, motivational exercise quotes posters,  motivational quotes exercise weight loss,
 
Start small and each small step will add up to something big.
 
 
 
Workout:
10 minutes--AMT
45 minutes--treadmill, run/walk 4.25 miles
20 minutes--lift/stretch
  • calf raises
  • leg press
  • abs
  • stretch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...