Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mile Test, Arm Sleeves, Maybe Next Week

I feel like running is coming back to me.
But I know that if I go too hard, it will hurt again.

I've been testing my speed threshold and it appears to be a 9 minute mile
 
Which is a good thing.
Last week, I ran between 9:30-10:00 miles.  Slowly, but surely.
I can run on 6.8 mph for quarter mile intervals, but not for a mile straight.
 
I'm still doing foot strengthening and calf strengthening exercises.
I am happy that things appear to be getting better.
 
 
I stopped using KTape and switched to wrapping with an ACE bandage when I needed extra support around my wrist when I was at home.  Avoiding anything heavy has really helped me heal.  I cut the toes off of a pair of socks to wear as elbow sleeves under my jacket when I run.  It adds support and warmth around my elbows.
 
First, I tried wearing my compression socks on my arms when I slept.  It made it really hard to open a bottle of water in the middle of the night.  I may have spilled all over myself. 
 
I didn't want to buy sleeves at the store until I knew if they worked or not.  So, my wrist and elbows are getting better too.  I am trying to be patient.  I'm hopeful that I will be able to lift arms again by the end of next week. I'll start off with 5 lbs. and work my way back up to my normal, or old normal.
 
Can you believe it's October already.
Time to get out the fall décor.
I think I have like 3 things.  I love the leaves and the crisp air.  It actually got chilly last night.
 
Hot chocolate weather.
 
I told my husband that I brushed my teeth with hot water.  He thought that was weird.
After almost 15 years of marriage, I am sure that I do something else that is weirder than that.
 
Do you brush with hot or cold water?
 
Are you gearing up for any fall races?
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...