Friday, September 26, 2014

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

I really don't like the idea of writing down everything I eat,
but it helps me actually think about what I am eating.

This week, I talked to the trainer and she told me my weight gain was a result of food choices.

I wanted to believe that it was my injury and not being able to work out, more than food.
Or the medicine that said it would cause weight gain.  I knew I had been eating poorly, but I had a reason.

If I look at my grocery receipts from the past 2 months, I see:
  • Ice cream
  • Candy
  • Candy
  • Cookies
  • Chips
  • Caesar salad kits
  • Granola bars
These things aren't bad in moderation.
I was buying them 2x a week. There was always a treat in the house.

Most nights there is a treat hunt after dinner.  I told my husband he would have to cut up the pineapple if he wanted something sweet.

Yesterday was my first "food journal day."

Photo: Breakfast.
Instant oatmeal.
Mix in scoop of Protein when it's still hot.
Tastes like a no-bake cookie.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with protein powder
Snack: Muscle milk
Lunch: Chicken breast and 1/2 sweet potato
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Stew and 2 biscuits
Snack: Caramel rice cake

I didn't track my water.  I need to do that too.

If I want to lose I have to track all of this stuff.  When I am just maintaining, not so much.  I'd like to get this food stuff down before my arms heal.  I know when I eat better I feel stronger and happier.

Imagine that!

What's your favorite breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...