Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Breaking In the New Shoes and a Food Thief

Shoes

I have been walking in my shoes for several days, but I waited a week before I ran in them because I didn't want to aggravate my calf more.  The inflammation was gone yesterday, so I was able to run a little today. 

I started off with 35 minutes on the AMT.  Sometimes I only do 10 or so minutes to warm up, but I had a lot of energy, so I kept going.  Some days you have it and some days you don't, so you have to take advantage of the good days.

I lifted my back today, because I am still avoiding much leg lifting.  My favorite back strengthener is doing pull-ups, but I decided that I would save my strength and run after an easier lifting session. I just did lat. pulls and one-armed rows and that was it. 

When I started running, I could tell that my shoes were heavier, but they were also a lot more comfortable, natural to run in.  They actually made the Nikes I was wearing feel like junk shoes. Seriously.  Sorry, Nike.

Run:
2 minutes at 7.5 mph
1 minute walk at 4.0 mph

I varied my speeds a little, but I kept going until I had reached 4.5 miles.
And it was fun.
And I was sweaty.
I think I might be ready to resume running.  I just know I can't try to push my speed right now.

Food

I'm pretty sure I had a ton of energy today because it was my guilt free eating day yesterday.
I didn't go crazy, but I did have a "dirt cup" 2x.  It was just what I wanted and it wasn't heavy, just enough sweet and crunchiness to hit the spot.  I also had a slice of pizza, along with some regular, healthy meals.  The program encourages portion control on the free days and they want you to eat meals and not just pig out all day.  The video tips that Chris and Heidi Powell give each day are motivational.  They seem like they are really kind people.  Like they really care.

So, today is a low carb day--high fat burn day.  I feel like I am sitting on a heater.  It's like I can't cool down.  It must be doing something.  I measured my waist, hips, and thighs when I started and I am down 1" on my thigh.  I guess that isn't too bad for a week.  And I like the food and it is easy to prep. 

Mr. Luke likes my food too.  He gives me a wink and a smile and then grabs my food and runs away.  Good thing he's cute!

 
 
 

 
Have you followed any eating plans or tried any food changes that have worked for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...