Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Chiro, Ice Cream, Running

So, my knees and heels have been bugging me for a few weeks.
I just thought if I iced and stretched it would go away.
It would go away eventually, but when in doubt--go see the Chiro.
 
I told him what was going on and he did a few tests to check for ligament and meniscus damage.
Both were fine.
 
Then he checked for tightness in my quad.
One side--the bad side, was very tight.
He did some ART, pushy on my quad while I stretched it backwards.
Totally worked.
 
My knee doesn't hurt AT ALL.
And my heels feel pretty great too.
 
 
If you live in the Tri-Cities area and are a runner, walker, lifter.
GO to Trevor Gilbert.
He knows what he is doing.
 
Today is Day 1 of this eating program.
So far, so good.
It is simple food that tastes good and doesn't require a lot of prep.
If the meal doesn't sound good to you, you press the change button and it gives you 10 other choices for your meal.
 
Each day, you get an advice/encouragement video to watch.
Today, they said I might be tired in the afternoon--which is normal.
It's time to eat again.
I  think if I remember to eat every 3 hours, I'll be just fine.
 
Vanilla Chocolate Peanut Butter
This was my last treat for a week.
But I have another one waiting for me after 7 days.
Guilt free eating day every 7 days--within reason.
That's not too hard.
 
 
 
Workout:
10 minutes--AMT warm-up
25 minutes--legs on machines--no pushing with feet
60 minutes--treadmill--6.75 miles (run and walk mix)
 
 
 
What are you looking forward to this week?
What is your favorite way to stretch/recover from a tough workout?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...