Thursday, June 12, 2014

How To Do Squats When Your Heels Hurt

If you've read this blog off and on for the last 3 months,
you know that I have been avoiding doing leg workouts.
Today, I decided to figure out how I could do some lower body exercises and not injure myself.
 
My solution is to lift lighter and push my weight into my toes rather than my heals.
The easiest way to do that with a squat is to stand on a weight plate.
That way you are forced to your toes and your heels are supported.
It felt great while I was doing it, but I probably need to wait until tomorrow before I know if it really is a doable solution.
So far, so good.
 
bbell-squat-heelsraisea-female.jpg
 
I usually just use 1 weight plate, but this would create an even stronger base, to evenly distribute the weight to both legs.
 
I also did some leg and buns work on all fours.
Those are easy motions that make your buns burn quickly.
 
 
Follow this link to an article called "Hibernating Heinies."
It will tell you how to diagnose if you have weak glutes.
Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...