Thursday, June 19, 2014

Progress--No One is Perfect

It's hard to look at people and not compare yourself to them.

Dieter F. Uchtdorf said, "I want to tell you something that I hope you will take in the right way: God is fully aware that you and I are not perfect.


Let me add: God is also fully aware that the people you think are perfect are not."
Even if someone appears to have it all together--perfect kids, house, clothes, body--no one is perfect.

Life would be so much easier if we would compare ourselves with ourselves.

Easier said than done at times. 

Going to the gym, I see lots of different types of people. Young and  old, big and tall, short and small. Everyone is trying. My best is not their best. Their best is not my best.

Today I felt like I gave my best effort at the gym.  It feels good to do that.  It feels even better when I give my best effort with my kids, my husband, church stuff, my friends and neighbors. 

Yesterday, I felt a little off. I wasn't very positive. So, I made cookies. And I felt a little better. I tried to spend time with my kids and be happy.  I think I was just tired. I slept like a rock and feel a lot better.


 
Workout:
10 minutes--AMT--warm-up
40 minutes--arms
  • DB hammer curl
  • DB bicep curl w/twist
  • Outer bicep curl
  • Tricep push down
  • Lateral raise
  • Bicep curl w/ easy bar
  • Shoulder press w/ twist
54 minutes--treadmill--6 miles run/walk


Do you ever just have a down day?
How do you turn it around?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...