Wednesday, February 5, 2014

12x400s and thrusters

Do you ever get an exercise stuck in your head and then you just have to do it?  After I tried CrossFit, my husband got to go to a class and he was talking about doing "thruster."  I looked them up on YouTube and figured I could do them.  My plan was to use the light bar (35 lbs.) and do 10 at a time and add a squat if I felt strong enough.

I got the bar and it felt heavy! I had to go down to the 30 lb. easy bar to do thrusters.  I used the barbell to do front squats.  It turns out that all of their barbells are 45 lbs.  No wonder I couldn't push it over head!

After squats and lunges, my legs were shot.  I walked on the treadmill for 5 minutes and then started my 400s. I walked about 1:30 after each sprint.  Total Time approx. 45 minutes.
  1. 2:16
  2. 2:10
  3. 2:03
  4. 2:00
  5. 2:00
  6. 1:54
  7. 1:54
  8. 1:49
  9. 1:42
  10. 1:42
  11. 1:40
  12. 1:35
My start was slow because my legs were so tired.  The next time I try this, I will run before I lift.

I went and got a haircut.  When he was telling where my length would be I thought.  Tell him to add an inch.   But I didn't.  I never do.  Now my long hair is short to me.  I wanted it to still feel long.  It will take 6 wks to grow back to longish.  Now I have a cute cut.  I hate CUTE cuts.  Ponytail it is!



1 comment:

  1. You kill me. You look gorgeous. Have I told you how much I've always thought you look like Sandra bullock?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...