Monday, February 24, 2014

Easy Run

Keeping an "easy run" EASY, is sometimes the hardest thing to do.  I always think, "If I go faster, I'm done faster."  But that idea is not good on my body.  That is when you get hurt.

When I do slower runs on the treadmill, I like to read or watch TV and listen to music. IF I can distract myself enough, I don't notice my speed as much and can relax into my cadence.

I walked a half mile at the beginning to warm-up on Saturday.  I set my speed at 6.6 mph and my incline at 1.0% and started to run.  My stomach ached the whole time, so I let myself stay at that speed for most of my run.  I also let myself take a pit stop after 4 miles just so I wouldn't really be sick at the end.

To break it up a little more, I increase my foot turnover for some songs that have a faster beat.  This is fun and I kind of wander on the treadmill, I don't dance on it, but move side to side a little.  It might look funny from behind, not sure. That wandering lets me know that my body is really relaxed and it truly is an easy pace.

I ended up doing 4 miles in 36 minutes, a 2 minute break, and then 4 miles in 35 minutes.

***Remember to take it easy at least once a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...