Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ice Bath

My ice pack yesterday wasn't enough, so I decided to do an ice bath this morning.
 
 
That is a glowing rubber ducky.  I thought it might make it feel warmer.  It didn't work.
I only stayed in for 12 minutes.
Then I went to the gym.  My calf, ankle, hamstring areas are tight and if I can ice it enough, I might not need to go to the Chiropractor and get adjusted.  But it might come to that if I can't get my ankle to pop on my own.

 
Round 2 Ice Bath.
I took a second ice bath after I ran today.  This is what I wore in the bath.  I dressed in layers on top to stay a little bit warmer.  This time I froze for 25 minutes.  If you are going to do an ice bath, have something with you to distract from the fact that you're freezing--magazine, ipad, or phone (don't drop them in the water!)
 
We went from snow and 7 degree weather to 59 degrees and wind over the last week.  It should feel warm outside, but the wind is too cold to play outside and enjoy it.  I love the sunshine.  I hope this warm up means that winter is ending.  My kids need some more outside play time. And it would be nice to do some outside runs on the weekend.
 
 
Workout:
10 minutes--warm-up--AMT
40 minutes--lifting
  • shoulder fly
  • lateral raise
  • upright row
  • deadlift
  • bent over row (easy bar)
  • bicep curl (easy bar)
  • push-ups (10 sets of 12)
42 minutes--treadmill--5.1 miles (7.5 mph), walk last .1 mile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...