Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day of House Stuff

I used to think my life would end if I missed a day at the gym. Some days I really need it and other days, it is a choice.
 
Yesterday, my choice was to get my house done. Searching for a backsplash and a faucet should be fun, but it's a lot of work too.

Kohler K-780
source


I chose a 3x6 travertine tile for the backsplash.

The color is called silver mist.
Some of the tiles are very grey and others are more beige.
The box comes with a mix of tiles, so you don't know what you're going to get.
That's tough for me. I asked if I could pick out the 250 tiles that I wanted.

They said no.

I called to price out a 12" backsplash vs. 18" which would be the whole height. It's like $225 for all the tile.  I'm not sure how expensive the install will be, but for a couple $100 I could get the whole thing done.  Is it worth it?

My sister watched my kids while I went shopping.
This is what I came back too.
Aren't they cute?


Workout:
I am still working on my pull-ups.  My goal for the year is to do them unassisted.  Normally, I use 65 lbs. of assistance.  I tried to see how much I could pull 1x.  I got down to a 20 lb. assist.  I am getting closer and I haven't been doing them regularly.  I just might reach my goal!
 
 
20 minutes--AMT
45 minutes--lifting
  • shoulder press w/ twist
  • military press
  • overhead press
  • single arm shoulder press
  • single arm snatch
  • v-ups
  • glute bridges
30 minutes--AMT
9 minutes--treadmill--1 mile

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...