Monday, May 19, 2014

Ready, Set, Go!

I keep thinking--this week will be the week when the stars align and I will have no pain and I will be able to run 5 miles at a good pace. 

This IS the week that I am going to try to do it.  I probably won't lift very much and I will run more than just a mile at a time.  I am hoping that I can build up my stamina and have fun doing a 5K next week.  It is a fun run, night run, don't take it to seriously run.  But there is always an element of seriousness when you are paying to run.


Almost Summer Break
School doesn't get out until the 6th of June, so I still have some time before I will become full time entertainment and jobs provider. 

What do you do to keep your kids active and learning and helping during summer break?

We have a garden and plenty of neighbor friends.  We will take trips to the library and the sprinkler parks.  I am not the master of chores.  I end up doing most of it on my own.  I need to find a system that will work for everyone. 

I'd also like to have our 6 yr. old do swim lessons this summer.  I am contemplating taking the kids on a road trip by myself.  I am not sure if I can handle that.  I just wish my sister and brothers would move closer and then I wouldn't have to worry about it.


Almost 12 Years Old
It seems impossible that I have a 12 year old.  She will be in 7th grade next year and will probably start caring more about her clothes and hair and wonder about makeup.  I need someone to move in and teach her.  I am not sure I am ready for all that this year might bring her. She still seems like a little girl, but she is turning into a young woman.  She has started borrowing my clothes and is interested in being involved with school activities. She is becoming her own person.


We Have a Winner!
Last, but not least...

Jon is the winner of the $25 Nike Gift Card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...