Monday, May 5, 2014

Easy Tabata Treadmill

Today was the first day that I ran without tape and had no pain afterwards.
It is still early in the day, so it might come, but I am hopeful that I will be fine.
 
My running stamina is pretty low.  It could be that I am out of shape or it could be that I only slept for 4 hours last night.  I was afraid of missing my alarm and woke up at 2 and couldn't really get back to sleep. My bedmate, Luke, likes to roll a lot and sleeping is hard to do once I have been woken up.
 
I knew I couldn't run any distance today, so I did Tabata style sprints.
 
Run for 20 seconds, then
rest on the side rails for 10 seconds.
Follow this pattern until the distance reads 1 mile.
Then walk for 2 minutes.
 
I repeated this for 2 more miles.
My top speed was 9.5 mph
Most of the sprints were at 8.5 mph.
 
Last week I tried to squat until I couldn't squat anymore.
It took 4 days for my buns and thighs to not hurt.
 
Today I did bodyweight squats and the leg machines in the gym.
I didn't do heavy weight in hopes that I can do a 3-5 mile jog tomorrow.
 
We are looking at 3 more nights in the hotel.
It might be longer!?
It feels like we have been out of the house forever.
 
We have a few more amenities to use before our stay is over. Like hot chocolate and cookies at night.
 
 
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...