Saturday, May 17, 2014

Do You Ever Just Need a Break?

I have been feeling like I needed a night off for a while.  I love my kids, but at some point in all this construction I found myself not so happy.  I just needed a break. 

I had my Mother-in-law take my kids away for the night.  They slept at my mom's, but my MIL was the vehicle to get them there.  I am so grateful.  We were able to go to dinner--Panda Express (eaten in the car) and a movie--Divergent.  It was so nice to go out, come home and go to bed and not worry about getting woken up.

I woke up refreshed and ready for the day.  And for the week ahead.  Things are looking up!

Honesty

When I was paying for my granite this week, the lady that was helping me out said, "Oh, he wrote the price right here."
It wasn't the price I was quoted.  It was lower.  I showed her the price on the list that he had given me and told her that that was the price and then add tax.  She was like, "Wow! You could have saved some money.  Thanks for being honest."  I was kind of surprised by her reaction.  Is there any other way to be?  I am sure people try to get free stuff all the time. I would have felt bad for the rest of my life to save $100.  Not worth it.

Garden

We had to "cheat," (plants not seeds) on the garden again this year.  We are always a little late. Cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, and an attempt at pumpkins.  It should be a good harvest.  Fingers crossed!

The kids got to go ride on the swather with Dad. 
They thought it was really fun.
Working on the farm is such a great experience.
I did hate it when I was younger. 
But I learned how to really work.
Not many people get that at a young age.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad you got a break, how important for your general well being. The great part is you recognized you needed it. Going to have to recommit to my health after a lazy and delicious birthday week?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...