I got "cleared" to run yesterday. Go slowly and ice if it hurts afterward. I was still a little hesitant to run because last time ended painfully. I am sure taking those 3 full rest days did my body good.
Great Things About Easy Running
- You get sweaty even though you are taking it "easy"
- You can wear a cute jacket and not get overheated
- You don't choke when you try to take a drink while you run
- It's easier to change the channels on the treadmill
- No calf pain
- I never felt like quitting
- Once I get my endurance back, I'll work on speed.
My pace was 9:30. It was hard to keep it there because I wanted to go faster. But I am happy that I was able to run that far and not die.
Lots of people have been claiming that the Cookies and Cream variety of Quest bar is incredible. I hopped on over to GNC and got one to try. Hmmm....Not what I was expecting and not so good in my book. I like to try new things, but that does not mean that I am going to like them.
I'm going to try the White Chocolate Raspberry tomorrow.
Happy Birthday To My Dad and Mom!
Back in 1972.
I invited them to come to sushi with us for their birthdays.
Not sure when that will happen.
They are a couple of cuties.