Friday, April 25, 2014

Shoe Review and Post-Easter Candy Score

Today's Van Party!
 
 
Breaking Them In


When I get new shoes I usually want to try to break them in before I go all crazy on them.

I started off running quarter miles and then walking in between for a minute or two. The shoes put my foot at a higher angle and it felt kind of weird at first.

I normally wear the Brooks Glycerin shoe and their heel to toe drop is 10 mm. The Pegasus has a 12 mm drop, so I really wasn't kidding when I said it felt like I was wearing heels. The shoes felt really well cushioned while I was running and I was grateful for that. In total I ran 6 miles but really I was running and walking the whole time. I think I did a half-mile at one point.

I had to tighten my laces across the toebox and at the ankle a few times to give me the right support. That's how it always is with new shoes. The balls of my feet started feeling hot so I slowed down a little bit. I wanted to get in a good sweat, but not hurt myself.

Trying to run today showed me how much fitness I've lost in the last month. Hopefully with these different shoes my Achilles and calf will keep healing and I'll be back down to eight minute miles in a few weeks.

Candy Score
All the Easter stuff was 75% off at Walgreens today.  I tried to buy candy when it's on sale and hide it, but somebody always finds it.

I put Milky Way Simply Caramel Bunnies in the Easter baskets this year. No one liked them except for Heath.  He said, " These are heavenly!" I bought 10 for  $.22 each. There was a whole box that I was considering buying, I know that would be too much temptation for him. There were some plain chocolate bunnies for cheap too. Treats for the weekend! Not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...