Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lead By Example

I had a gym friend tell me they were going to do whatever I did today. Actually, he just did the AMT for as long as I did it. That is where it starts. Do what you can at whatever level you're at. He had been telling me that he needed to do cardio, but he only ever lifted weights. This week, he started adding cardio and he signed up for classes. This guy is 60+ and isn't in bad shape, but he wants to lose his gut. I hope he sticks with it.

The trainer asked me if I was going to pig out tomorrow.  I am not planning on it. I will have some of everything, but I don't want to come home feeling ill. If there is a sour cream lemon pie, I might take it to the car.


Workout:
10 minutes--warm-up-- high knees, fast squats, push-ups
40 minutes--lifting--legs, gluteus

  • Squats with kettle bell 
  • 50 lb. easy bar squats
  • 35 lb. sumo squat
  • Jump squat w/ 6 lb. medicine ball overhead 
  • PliĆ© squat 
  • Reverse squat
  • Deep squat
35 minutes--AMT--16/18 interval
7:35 minutes--treadmill--1 mile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...