Monday, November 25, 2013

Things You Might Not Know--Growing Up


Starting way back in Kindergarten.

  • I wanted to be a professional basketball player or a brain surgeon.
  • I used to take requests on the bus and sing the whole way home.
  • I used to wear my church shoes to school and kick boys in the shins when they bugged me.


1st-2nd grade
  • Played soccer with the boys almost every recess.

In 3rd-4th grade
  • I wore hot pink spandex capris my mom sewed for me and loved them.
  • Obsessed with Debbie Gibson and NKOTB.
  • Loved 4 square.

5th-6th grade
  • Got 2nd place in the Spelling Bee. Missed word--committee.
  • Cried when this boy I didn't like hugged me on the playground.  I had to go to the principal's office and face the hugger.

7th-8th grade
  • Won the Spelling Bee. Redemption.
  • Mickey Mouse obsessed. Watches, clothes, drawing him on my book covers.
  • Basketball MVP. These 2 guys called me "Baby Shaq."
  • Helped get caged pop machines so we could buy pop at lunchtime. ASB Pres.

High School
  • Loved Basketball.
  • Played recorder with my nose for team talent show.
  • Almost failed my driving test.
  • Toilet papered my husband's car when he had out of town football games.
  • Put $80 worth of pennies into our class jar so we could win 1 competition for homecoming.
  • Worked on a farm, at an RV park, and a soil lab.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...