Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sleepless Saturday

Not sleeping really messes with you. I had only been getting about 2 nights a week without being woken up.  Then last week I was 5 for 7 and the last 3 night have not been great--like 4 hrs. at night, all chopped up. Luckily I don't exercise on Sunday.  Here's to sleeping babies and warm blankets.

This week, ramp up the running. I have been running at 7.8 instead of 7.5 and it feels good.  My stride actually feels most natural between 8.2-8.5 miles an hour.  It will take a while to get up to 3 miles at that pace.  Right now, I think I can do maybe 1.5 miles at that speed.

Monday: 3 miles and lift
Tuesday: 5 miles Fartlek
Wednesday: 3 miles and lift
Thursday: 6 miles
Friday: 3 miles and lift light
Saturday:  6 miles

I feel like I ran into a brick wall. Hopefully sleep will fix that and I am not getting sick.

Runner's World (Full article) has a list of foods every runner should add to their grocery cart.
  1. Almonds and other nuts
  2. Eggs
  3. Sweet Potatoes
  4. Whole grain Cereal with Protein
  5. Oranges
  6. Canned Black Beans
  7. Mixed Salad Greens
  8. Salmon
  9. Whole-Grain Breads
  10. Frozen Stir-Fry Vegetables
  11. Whole Grain Pasta
  12. Chicken
  13. Frozen Mixed Berries
  14. Dark Chocolate
  15. Low-fat Yogurt
I eat all of these things frequently, except for yogurt.  I used to be a yogurt girl, but I have been cutting out most dairy and I just feel better. I tend to  go overboard on nuts, so I don't buy them too often, but I do like almond butter. I'm still trying to figure out the calories I need to support my workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...