Monday, October 14, 2013

Cardio Day

Saturday was a lifting day and today was a cardio day.

This morning, I washed dishes, folded laundry, and went to the gym after the kids were on the bus.

Workout:
35 minutes AMT-- interval 16/18 resistance
20 minutes stairclimber--14 resistance
15 minutes treadmill--7.5 mph
10 minutes core
10 minutes stretch/foam roller

If it isn't quite lunch time after the gym, I will have a high protein snack. Sometimes a bar or a shake. Today I had a steak and a sweet potato. I used to not eat breakfast before a workout. I try to eat a little, like a small bowl of oatmeal or half a protein bar. The trainer says to eat some protein within 30 minutes after a workout. If you are running, carbs are important too. Complex carbs. For a while I would have chocolate milk post workout, but that seemed wrong. The protein we like at our house is Isopure Dutch chocolate flavor. We get it through Allstarhealth.com. It tastes like hot chocolate, but cold. I haven't tried it hot.
NATURE'S BEST Isopure Dutch Chocolate(Low-Carb) 7.5 lbs
source
 
What are your favorite post workout foods or snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...