Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Introvert or Extrovert?

I had an interesting talk with my sister today.  She said the definition of an introvert is someone who gets energized by being alone. An extrovert is someone who feels energized with other people around. I had always thought or known I was an introvert, but I thought it meant kind of shy.  But in truth, I am not really shy.

 It makes more sense that being on my own actually gives me energy.  She says she feels better when she makes sure she carves out alone time during the day.  With 5 kids that is probably kind of tough.  That is another reason why I like going to the gym.  It is my me time.  I know I am a lot happier when I exercise. Sometimes I go in my room and watch the news for half an hour.  That is a way for me to recharge too.  Whatever it is that makes you feel whole or more like yourself, find a way to do it.  "Men are that they might have joy." I still love people, but it is easier for me to love and serve people when I also take care of myself.

Workout:
10 minutes dynamic stretching
12 minutes elliptical gluteal program
Leg extensions 3x12
1 mile (8 minutes)
hamstring curls 3x12
4 minutes elliptical
abductor and adductor machines
1 mile (9 minutes)
20 minutes AMT
50 walking lunges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...