Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sleep

Hydration, food, shoes, weather.  These are things that affect how you feel when you run.  The biggest factor for me, however, is sleep.  If I don't get at least 7 hours at night, I have limited energy and motivation.  I have to push every step.


Why pay for a haircut when you can have bangs like this for free?
 

Sometimes, I want to stay up to watch a show or wonder what else I could do when the kids are asleep.  What I really want to do is run or lift. So, I forgo a nightlife and sleep. It has been getting dark pretty early around here.  That has made it a lot easier to go to bed.  Last week, we were all is bed by 8:30!  In college we would stay up past midnight all the time.  I don't remember the last time I did that on purpose.

If there are shows you want to watch, DVR them. If you don't have a DVR, you can watch a lot of shows the within 24 hours on the internet. No TV excuses. Spending time with your spouse is a good reason to miss sleep. Pick a bed time and go to bed.  If you feel sick and exhausted when you get up in the morning, you probably aren't getting enough sleep. 


How many hours of sleep do you get? What is a good bedtime for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...