Thursday, October 31, 2013

Eating Well

I try to eat healthy most of the time.  A lot of people follow the 80/20 rule.  Eating healthy 80% of the time and eating whatever you want the other 20%. When I was doing the cleanse a few days ago, I realized that there are different ways you can cheat, that affect your body negatively.
One, you can eat too many unhealthy foods.  Candy, chips, bread, cheese, ice cream, etc.  If you eat these at every meal, your body will not be happy with you and you will likely gain weight.
Two, you can eat healthy foods, but overeat them.  Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed.
Three, you can wait too long between meals to eat or skip meals altogether.  This stunts your metabolism and can cause muscle loss or weight gain as well as fatigue and headaches.
My friend was doing the cleanse too and she stopped losing.  I asked if she was eating and drinking her water and she admitted that she hadn't been keeping up with her food or water.  The next day, she ate every three hours and drank her water and was down another pound.  You have to eat. Feed your body well and it will treat you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...