Monday, October 21, 2013

Cleansing

Last September, I had stalled out when it came to weight loss. I tried eating high veggie and protein and upping cardio time, but it didn't help. I felt bloated all the time. My stomach wasn't swollen, but my guts felt yucky. My friend suggested doing a cleanse.  I was thinking that meant not eating and drinking weird concoctions or only eating broth. The cleanse she suggested was The Advocare Herbal Cleanse.

The cleanse is for 10 days. You eat 5-6 times a day. The kit includes fiber drinks, herbal cleanse tablets, and probiotic tablets that you take as specified in the instructions. And you have to drink around 100 oz. of water per day.


A sample day:

  • Wake-up: Fiber drink. Breakfast: 1 protein, 1 carb, 1 fruit
  • Snack: veggie and fat
  • Lunch: 1 protein, 1 carb, 1 veggie (or mixed salad)
  • Snack: Protein bar or shake; or veggie and fat
  • Dinner: 1 Protein, 1 veggie (carb is optional if hungry)
  • Opt. snack: veggie and fat
  • Drink at least 16 oz. of water between meals
  • If you are hungry, add more fruits and veggies to any meal
  • Herbal Cleanse tablets before bed

There is a list of foods to eat and things to avoid.  Also, you can print a chart to check off your food and water consumption and to write down your activities.

Within a week, I was down 8 lbs.! I couldn't believe how easy it was! I wasn't even following the program 100% and I hadn't been able to exercise as much as I had planned. It helped me reset my cravings for sugar and fix my oversized portions.  This cleanse is supposed to be done every 90 days, to keep your digestion functioning well. I have maintained my initial weight loss with the cleanse. I actually lost 4 lbs. the second round, but I have fluctuated some. I am not a clean eater all the time. I like baked goods and sometimes I go overboard. And candy.  That stuff always messes up my guts. Moderation is key.

I started another round this week.  The goal is to follow the program completely and see what happens.

Workout:
P90x Plyometrics





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...