Friday, October 18, 2013

Eating Salad

I am a fan of salads...at restaurants. At home I almost always have lettuce or spinach and tomatoes (garden), but I rarely have stuff to make a super salad. Sometimes, I make giant salads in the giant Tupperware bowl.  Most of the time I can't get through it before is spoils. I go in spurts of eating a ton of salad and months that are completely without salad.


I have a solution. Today I went to the store and got ingredients to make my own salad bar. I know I need to eat more veggies. Hopefully, this experiment will work.




What would salad be without a few good dressing options?

Poppyseed Dressing

3/4 c. Sugar
2/3 c. Apple cider vinegar
2 c. Olive oil
1/4 c. Chopped onion
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. salt
2 T. Poppy seeds

Put everything except poppy seeds into blender. Blend together. Stir in poppy seeds after blended. Fills quart jar 3/4 full. Store in fridge. Bring to room temperature and shake before serving.


Honey Mustard Dressing

1/3 c. White vinegar
3/4 c. Oil
1/3 c. Sugar
1/8 c. Mustard
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 T.  Onion, grated or fine chopped
3/4 T. Poppy seeds

Mix in blender. Add poppyseeds, stir by hand. Store in fridge. (Best if chilled overnight before use.)


Garlic Lemon Dressing

Juice from 1 lemon
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 cups oil

Mix in blender. Let sit at least 3 hrs before serving. Store in fridge. Bring to room temperature before use.


What is your favorite restaurant salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...