Monday, December 9, 2013

Birthday Sleepover

Saturday afternoon, I headed over to my parents' house with my mom and my sister.  We had our 4th annual birthday sleepover extravaganza.  Every year we have dinner together, talk, play scrabble, and sleep in.  This year, we decided to do Chinese food for dinner and stopped at the popular pizza place for a take-out salad bar.  It all tasted good, but it made me want to search out the best salad bar in the area.  Tri-Cities should have several places, but I haven't been to any besides  a few buffet restaurants.

amazon.com
 
Scrabble is probably my favorite game.  I like making good words, but I don't really care if I win.  This time I did win and my best word was "palmate." 63 pts. using all my letters.  I should have taken a picture of the board. We play on the deluxe edition board.  It is so much nicer than the flat one. We don't follow all of the rules, but we have a good time.

We got up and went to church.  I got a text from my husband saying our little boy was sick.  I knew he had a cough, but nothing else.  Then he called me to see when I was coming back.  When I got home, little man was so lethargic and kept grabbing his ear.  I took him to the urgent care and got him meds for an ear infection.  Poor guy.  He slept most of the day yesterday and didn't sleep well last night because he was so well rested.  Today he is happy and alert.  I'm glad I didn't wait until this morning to take him in.

So, the birthday sleepover was cut short.  It was still nice to get away for a little bit.  Next time we might have to do a destination birthday sleepover.  That would be fun.

Thinking about going to the gym this afternoon.  Not sure if I have energy for it. I'll probably stay home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...