Friday, December 27, 2013

Icy Morning

I got to the gym later than I wanted to this morning because the roads were icy.  I tried to wait it out, but had to go eventually.  The road from my house was slippery enough that I slid through a stop sign.  No traffic, fortunately.  The parking lot was all ice. I opened my door and put my foot down and slipped out.  My new shoes have very little traction and I slid in slow motion all the way to the ground.  I was holding onto the door, but I couldn't stop it from swinging open. It was slow enough that it didn't hurt. 

After the gym I tried to get some half-price candy, but I couldn't find any.  What?  My go to is Walgreens because they don't have as much traffic as WalMart. Nothing good was left and WalMart already had Valentine's Day stuff out!

Stopped by the mailbox to see if there was anything exciting and this is what I found.


 
My placing ribbon.  I was 5th for the female 30-39 age group.
 
 

Workout:
 
45 minutes--lifting legs
  • squats with 45 lb. bar (2 sets of 20)
  • deep bodyweight squats (2 sets of 50)
  • deep squats with tiny jump
  • leg extensions
  • adductor/abductor machine
  • bodyweight alternating lunges
  • static lunges with overhead press
  • medicine ball squat with floor tap and overhead press
  • mountain climbers (5 sets of 20)
45 minutes--AMT--16/18 Intervals
10 minutes--stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...