Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Playlist

Last night, I searched iTunes for songs that I thought would work for running . This playlist is about 45 minutes.


Next to Me                               3:17  Emeli Sandé
Suit & Tie                                5:26  Justin Timberlake (this one isn't kid friendly)
Say Something                         3:53  A Great Big World (get the one w/ Christina)
Diamonds                                 3:45  Rihanna
Goodbye Town                        4:49  Lady Antebellum
Mirrors                                     8:06  Justin Timberlake
Catch My Breath                     4:10  Kelly Clarkson
Just Give Me a Reason            4:03  Pink
Stay (clean)                               4:01  Rihanna
Let It Go                                   3:45  Idina Menzel (from Frozen)



I also had "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" from Frozen, but it didn't work for running.
I started running to "Mirrors" because I really like that song.  I didn't realize it was so long.  It is kind of nice to run a whole mile to one song.  I noticed that some of the dance/DJ remixes of these songs o n iTunes are really long too.

I listened to music while I lifted today.  I think it helped me focus, concentrate on my form. I did end up repeating 3 songs multiple times.  Oh, well.


Workout:
10 minutes--AMT--warm-up
45 minutes--lifting shoulders, triceps
  • neutral shoulder press with a twist
  • triceps pulldown--cable, split rope grip
  • plank with shoulder tap
  • triceps pushups
  • dumbbell overhead press with a squat
  • one armed snatch
  • upright row
25 minutes--AMT--16/18 Interval
15:32 minutes--treadmill--2 miles ("Mirrors" and "Just Give Me a Reason" x2)
10 minutes--stretching
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...