Friday, December 6, 2013

Still There

The treadmills were supposed to be gone this morning at the gym.  But miraculously they were still there. The move has been delayed a week because of the extreme cold.  They have to move all of the equipment less than a quarter mile, but it might be -20 degrees with the wind chill.  So the move is on hold and no Zumba for me.

Incredibly, I did not use the treadmill today.  Instead I opted for the AMT and the stairstepper and lots of squats and lunges

Little man was awake off and on for most of the night/morning.  I am feeling tired already and it's only noon.  We have a birthday party to plan for next week, treats to bake and pass around, and Christmas shopping to finish.  Right now I just want a nap. I might actually get one because the babe will want to sleep too. 



I have a friend at the gym named, Marilou.  She has glaucoma and couldn't see for 6 weeks.  She was just cleared for driving and can see out of 1 eye clearly.  She is still going to the gym even though she is having this trial.  She will have to have a few surgeries to try to restore her sight.  She has such a good attitude. 

Every time I see her, she is so positive.  I told her she is a breath of fresh air.  She missed the gym for those six weeks and told me she was going stir crazy. I am happy to see her back and at it with a smile. "I don't know why this is happening to me, but I know God has a plan and I can't see it yet, but I trust Him." That is the Christmas message of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...