Thursday, March 6, 2014

10 miles and Barbara

Oh, Barbara! You almost killed me.  I only did one round with pull ups and one round without.  But I swear I almost died.

My throat was sore this morning.  I knew it was going to be tough hitting 10 miles.  I had to stop to blow my nose and suck on a cough drop. And then I stopped again to trade shoes.  Yes, I brought a second pair to the gym. 

I started with these guys.  The old favorites. Glycerin 10s.
 
The first 3 miles were easy, but I kept having to wipe my nose with my shirt.  I decided to stop and get some tissues and a cough drop.
Then I ran 4 more miles, a bit slower than the first 3.
 
After 7 miles, it was time to switch shoes.
 PureFlow 2s
 
I thought I would go faster with the lighter shoes.  I didn't go any faster, but I did feel lighter.
 
I was going for a sweat angel, but it just turned into a blob. Front and back.
 
When I was done running, I felt like going home, but I did my 2 rounds of Barbara (one minus the pull ups).
 
Then I was really done. My legs really don't feel sore until I stop.  Maybe I should have kept running.  Tomorrow is going to be a doozy.
 
 
Go Cougs!
 
 
 
Run:
26 minutes--3 miles
36 minutes--4 miles
26:25--3 miles
 
 
Did you run today?  How far? Outside or treadmill?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...