Friday, March 21, 2014

After a Few Days Off

I finally went to the gym again.  My calf/leg has been giving me trouble since Tuesday and I decided to just stretch and rest so it would be ready to run this Saturday.  I went to Yoga class to help get some deeper stretching done and I felt so tight and tired. I never feel that way. 

I wondered why and came up with lack of sleep.  I have not slept well all week.  Some of my responsibilities have been weighing on my mind as well as some troubles my friends are experiencing.  Waking up out of a sound sleep wondering what I can do to help is a headache, but also a blessing.  Sometimes the best ideas come in the middle of the night.

My kids are also very whiny lately.  It is hard to not get mad or upset and help them feel heard and loved. By the end of the day, I am emotionally drained and that also drains me physically. They are good kids, they just have their bad days. Imagine that.

The moral of the story is to take a break when you need it. Or when your kids need you to take a break. 

Tomorrow is the 5K.  If I can get there early enough and warm-up, I might go for the 10K.  I'm not sure which shoes to wear, that is another reason to do a warm-up.  I need to update my Ipod and do some laundry, then we'll be ready to go in the morning.

Have a good weekend!
Don't forget to Veg Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...