Friday, March 14, 2014

It Better Be Fun Friday

Because yesterday was not fun Thursday.

Do you have kids that wait until the last minute to tell you they need something for a science project?

Last night, an hour before bed, my daughter said she needed 2 cakes-1 green and 1 red/pink one. The project is to make a 3-D plant cell and animal cell.  She also needed Jell-O, pudding, and frosting.  That's ALL.   So we stayed up a little later than normal to make these fabulous cakes.  I don't know how this is going to turn out, but it seems a little over ambitious for a 6th grader.

 
This little guy has some fruit issues.  If he eats too much, he gets a tummy ache and screams in the night.  The last time I looked at the clock, it was 4:30 am.  I think he will be better tonight, I hope!
 
 
 
Yesterday was a day off from the gym.  We played outside for a few hours in the hot sun.  It was so nice.  Today is cloudy and windy.  I am glad we took advantage of the nice days we've had lately.
 
Today was the first day that I tried to lift heavier.  I worked my back and did a few machines that I don't do very often.  I think I could go even heavier, but I want to see how sore I am this weekend.  I still want to run, which doesn't work if I am overly sore.  Tomorrow will be a  3 mile run/legs day.
 
 
 
Workout:
10 minutes--AMT--warm-up
45 minutes--back/shoulders
  • Lat pulls--wide grip (75, 80, 80 lb.)
  • back extensions
  • single armed row (30 lb.)
  • Assisted Pull ups (100 lb. pull)
  • Upright row (45 lb.)
  • Lat pulls--close grip (85 lbs.)
  • Shrugs
  • Shoulder press with twist (neutral position) 20 lb. dumbbells
35 minutes--AMT--16/18 Intervals
8 minutes--treadmill--1 mile
10 minutes--push ups, planks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...