Monday, January 20, 2014

Chiro to the Rescue

After Power Pump, I knew I would need some extra stretching and foam rolling, but when the kids finally went down, my roller was no where to be found.  Since that thing entered the house, they have been playing with it, biting it, and karate chopping it.  I searched the house in the dark and couldn't find it anywhere. I stretched, but not long enough or deep enough. 
 
The next morning I ran a few miles and all of the sudden my calf turned into a rock and my Achilles felt like it was a piece of wood.  I tried to stretch and massage, but I couldn't kick it.  I hobbled to the truck and hoped it would go away.
 
It does seem like any time I jump, I have pain in my lower legs.  I must have some tears that need to heal.  The Chiropractor said I have "2 bogs of inflammation" and said I need to stretch my hamstrings and calves, foam roll and take an ice bath.  Then I asked him if I could still run. He said it was fine as long as I did the ice bath.
 
 
Next time I will make it deeper and add more ice.  I stayed in for 20 minutes and then took a shower.  It has been hours since I did the bath and my leg is still cold.  In all honesty I was a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to stay in long enough.
 
But I did run and that makes me happy.  This week, I am going to skip all classes, all jumping, and just stick to the ground.
 
 
 
Workout:
35 minutes--AMT--12/16 Intervals
40 minutes--lifting--shoulders
22 minutes--treadmill--2 X 9 min. mile, 4 min. half mile
10 minutes--stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...