Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Running Just As Fast We Can

Are you a child of the 80's?  Then you know what song I'm referring to.  Or maybe you know the Tommy and the Shondells version. I didn't know that one, I had to look it up.

Taking a little break from running only made me want to run more.  But I didn't feel so awesome when I was running .  My legs were tight for the first 1.5 miles and then I did 3 more miles and had to switch to sprints because I was tired. The other thing is that I don't want to be sore before Booty Barre tomorrow.  I intentionally held back a little.  You've got to plan these things out.

At the end of my run I felt great! Nice and sweaty and I finally broke 5 miles.  That is my longest run in more than a month,  I  think.

Total mileage: 6.5 miles (1.5 miles, then the other 5+)

I thought I got my belly in the shot.  I had a 5 inch band of sweat going all the way around.

 I didn't realize that my time was in cool down mode. My time was just under 45 minutes for the 5 miles.  Then I walked to cool down.
 
 
This was "fake naptime" a few days ago.  He pulled out all of my socks and swimsuits and made himself at home.  He snored three times and said, "I'm awake!"
 
 
 
Workout:
8 minutes--warm-up--AMT
35 minutes--lifting
  • Assisted pull-ups (50 lb. assist x 5, 60 lb. assist x 8, 70 lb. assist x 12)
  • bench dips
  • hammer curl with cable
  • triceps pull down with cable
  • overhead triceps extension
  • lateral raises
  • shoulder fly
  • standing military press
58 minutes--treadmill--about 6.75 miles total


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...