Friday, January 24, 2014

Overcoming the Speed Trap

Today was Yoga at the gym.  I love that class. It gives me a chance to slow down, focus, release tension, breathe.

My normal mode when it comes to exercise is harder, faster, sweatier.  Apparently there are a lot of people with the same mindset.  Your body has to have a break or it will start to breakdown.

My latest realization when it comes to running, is the SPEED TRAP!  Which for me means thinking that running a mile isn't worth it unless it is a certain speed. I haven't really been pushing my pace lately and I feel like I need to go faster.  It really isn't necessary and actually can be counterproductive.  Easy runs, sprints, tempo runs.  Variety is the spice of life, right?  That has been a shift for me that isn't easy to make.  My body likes me better when I mix it up.  Slow, fast, walking even is good.  I don't want to end up having knee surgeries or other problems. I need to make goals and make them realistic. I go in at out of the "Run for Fun" mode.  It should always be fun and always be a positive experience.

They are introducing another new class at the gym.  This one is called Bokwa. This is a dance aerobics class where the movements follow number and letter patterns on the floor.  The instructor said it is similar to Zumba with a non-Latin base.  I need to try it with a Go-Pro on my head.  That would be awesome. Maybe that can be my thing--post videos of my running and lifting from my perspective.



What is your exercise motivation?

Do you shake it with confidence? There was a lady in her 70s working out in a sports bra.  That takes confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...