Friday, January 17, 2014

Power Pump aka Body Pump



Today was the Fun Friday class.  When I got there, I asked what the class was and they said a mix class, but when the instructor came she said we were doing Power Pump.  That is the class I had wanted to try because I was sure it would be tough and fun at the same time.  If they had this class normally in the morning, I would try to go every time.  It was fantastic.


The instructor does her own choreography so it can't be called Body Pump.  But everything she did was very similar to this. It really was a great work out and I left with a sense of accomplishment.  The only tricky thing was knowing how much weight to put on the bars. It is different working one body part for 5 minutes versus doing 3 sets of 12 of one or 2 movements, with breaks in between.  The only real breaks in this class are to change weights which might take 30 seconds.


After this class I didn't have time to run, so I just did 20 minutes on the AMT.  But it felt like enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...