Friday, January 31, 2014

What I Learned at CrossFit

These are just a few things I learned at CrossFit. 

CrossFit is for every one.  We can all do the same workout because they can all be tapered to our personal abilities. If you watch the CrossFit games, you might think you can't do it.  Those people are the best of the best.  Most of us are not elite athletes. Start at the base and work your way up.

The coaches want you to succeed.  They are there to encourage and help and teach.  The coach had us demonstrate each of the moves that we would be performing during the WOD.  When we did burpees, he told us that we need to hop up with our feet as wide as our hands, not in between our hands. I had been doing burpees wrong my whole life.  That is why my Achilles and calves killed the other week. That little bit of info will save me from popping my Achilles because of bad form.

I can push harder than I do and vary my workouts. That is how I will see improvement.

Everybody stays until the last man is done.  It is a team sport as much as an individual thing.  We all cheered on the last team and stretched together.  Complaining about the burpees the whole time.


 
I am not a super crossfitter.  This is my experience. Take what you can from my ideas and try it for yourself.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...