Thursday, January 9, 2014

Run, Run, Run

Today was a cardio day and HALLELUJAH tomorrow is yoga.  Sheesh, I am tired. I felt like I had to prove to myself that I could still run today.  I haven't been following the training program that I had planned on doing to prep for the half marathon at the end of February.  I needed to do a little checkup to see where I stand.

This is what happens when you tuck your sleeves under your sports bra even with a tech shirt.

So I did an all out cardio, plus some stretching today.  Let's see, I have 44 days before the half marathon.  That means I have 3 more weeks to train this time than last race (about 7 wks total). This is what I should be doing this week.

Half Marathon Training Week 5
Sunday--rest
Monday--4-5 long hills
Tuesday--4 miles
Wednesday--6 miles
Thursday--6 miles
Friday--3 miles
Saturday--11 miles


I have not followed that plan, but I will probably hit the same total miles this week.


Workout:
42 minutes--AMT--16/18 interval (5 miles)
10 minutes--foam roller
41 minutes--treadmill--5 miles
4 minutes--treadmill--walking warm-down
10 minutes--stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...