Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Roll and Run

Yesterday I ran about 5 miles and didn't have the best time. I figured today would be better, but it was just as hard.  Little man woke up a few times and I just couldn't get back to sleep. I didn't eat breakfast either, that was a bad choice.  I took some gummies with me because I was going to shoot for 8 miles on the treadmill. They helped give me some energy, but my body was heavy so they could only do so much.

I used the foam roller when I first got to the gym.  The instructions say to find the "hot spot" and then roll for about a minute or until the pain decreases by 50-75%. It actually hurt and I had to breathe through the pain.  It really works.  I don't know why I don't do it more often.  Actually, I do know.  I didn't have one at home.  Until today.  I just bought one at Wal-Mart.  It was $18. Nothing fancy, but it works.  I know they have them at TJ Maxx too.  I don't know the price.  Walmart.com has several options, if you are willing to wait for shipment.

 
You can foam roll in your jeans while you watch the news.  This is what I will be doing tonight during the Biggest Loser.
 

Workout:
20 minutes--foam roller
61 minutes--treadmill--7 miles (6.5-9.0 mph), walked when I ate my Stinger gummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...